- Two Departments : "Department of Social Justice and Empowerment" and "Department of Disability Affairs" created under the Ministry with effect from May 14th, 2012 (New)
- Grants-in-aid under DDRS to be submitted in the revised Application Form for the year 2013-14.(New)
- Extension of time/last date for Invitation of Application for the National Award 2013 - "Vayoshreshtha Sammans" to eminent senior citizens and institutions involved in rendering distinguished services for the cause of elderly persons, especially indigent senior citizens. and Hindi (PDF file that opens in a new window) (New)
- Monitoring of Attendance under the Biometric Attendance Monitoring System (BAMS) in M/o Social Justice & Empowerment. (PDF file that opens in a new window) (New)
- Invitation of Application for the National Awards for outstanding services in the field of Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drug) Abuse, 2013. Last date for receipt of applications extended upto 28.3.2013. (New)
- Request for Proposal for undertaking Evaluation Studies on the Scheme of Babu Jagjivan Ram Chhatrawas Yojana. (PDF file that opens in a new window) (New)
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
This website is now accessible!
This website has been re-designed w.e.f. 5.1.2010 so as to meet Guidelines for Indian Government Websites and also adheres to Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
This is the first website of a Ministry of the Government of India to fulfill accessibility norms for Persons with Disabilities.
Laws, Policies & Schemes
- Parliamentary Committees
- UN Conventions
- International Cooperation
- Right to Information
- Photo Gallery