Post-Matric Scholarship for Schedule Caste Students
Post Matric Scholarship scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and implemented through State Government and UT administration. The Scheme provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled.
Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh fifty thousand only) per annum w.e.f. academic session 2013-14.
Value of Scholarship:
- The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
- maintenance allowance amounting to Rs.380/- to 1200/- per month for hostellers and Rs. 230/- to Rs. 550/- per month for day scholars.
- reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees,
- study tour charges,
- thesis typing/printing charges for Research Scholars,
- book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses,
- book bank facility for specified courses, and
- additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course.
How and when to apply:
All the State Governments/UT Administrations will announce in May-June, the details of the scheme and invite applications by issuing an advertisement in the leading newspapers of the State and through their respective websites and other media outfits. All requests for application forms and other particulars should be addressed to the Government of State/Union Territory Administration to which the scholars actually belong. The applicant should submit the completed application to the prescribed authority before the last date prescribed for receipt of applications.
Revised Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students (with effect from April, 2018). (size :3.17MB)
CALLING OF PROPOSALS FOR SEEKING DUE CENTRAL ASSISTANCE 2019 – 2020 (size :.5MB)