Babu Jagjivan Ram National Foundation
Babu Jagjivan Ram National Foundation was established on 14th March, 2008 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, in the memory of Babu Jagjivan Ramji, to propagate his ideology and philosophy of life and missions, his vision to create a casteless and classless society, eradication of untouchabality and continuous struggle for achieving social justice for the dalit, downtrodden and weaker sections who do not get ample opportunities to stand up and lead a dignified life in the society. It is a Registered Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860 with one time corpus grant of Rs. 50 crores. It is located at Jeevan Prakash Building, 9th Floor, K.G. Marg, New Delhi-110001.The main Aims and Objects of the Foundation are as under:-
- To propagate the ideology and philosophy of life and mission of Babu Jagjivan Ram.
- To collect, acquire, maintain and preserve the personal papers and other historical material pertaining to Babu Jagjivan Ram.
- To encourage and promote study and research on his life and work.
- To publish, sell and distribute books, papers, pamphlets and information in pursuance of the objectives of the Foundation.
- To acquire, preserve and protect places connected with him and raise memorials.
- To propagate his ideals and memory through print and electronic media by promoting artists belonging to dalit community who are not getting ample opportunity to come up.
- To encourage and promote dalit artists through specially designed development schemes for their social, cultural, educational and economic development.
- To implement special schemes for removal of untouchability and caste based prejudices in the society.
- To undertake and implement various, schemes and programmes assigned from time to time by the Central and State Govts.
- To organize birth and death anniversaries and other commemorative events of the life of Babu Jagjivan Ram.