SCHEME OF POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS TO THE OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES FOR STUDIES IN INDIA
(Revised w.e.f. 1.07.2011)
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the OBC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
These scholarships shall be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled.
III. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the Central Govt./State Govt./ UT Admn.;
These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
"Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Dufferin (Now Rejendra); Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centres of All India and State levels."
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group 'A' and no further change in the course will be allowed.