SCHEME OF POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS TO THE OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES FOR STUDIES IN INDIA
(Revised w.e.f. 1.07.2011)
V. SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
All the eligible Other Backward Classes candidates will be given scholarships subject to the condition of eligibility prescribed in para III of this Scheme. Candidates belonging to one State, but studying in another State, will be awarded scholarship by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State. In the matter of exemption from fees or other concessions also, they will be treated as if they were studying in their own State.
VI. DURATION AND RENEWAL OF AWARDS
- The award once made will be tenable from the stage at which it is given to the completion of course subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed from year to year provided that within a course, which is continuous for a number of years, the scholar secures promotion to the next higher class irrespective of the fact whether such examinations are conducted by a University or the Institution.
- If an OBC scholar pursuing Group A course fails in the examination for the first time, the award may be renewed. For second and subsequent failures in any class the student shall bear his/her own expenses until he/she secures promotion to the next higher class.
- If a scholar is unable to appear in the annual examination owing to illness and or on account of any other unforeseeable event, the award may be renewed for the next academic year on submission of medical certificate and/or other required sufficient proof to the satisfaction of the Head of the Institution and his/her certifying that the scholar would have passed had he appeared in the examination.
- If according to the Regulations of a University/Institution, a student is promoted to the next higher class even though he/she may not have actually passed in lower class and is required to take examination of the junior class again after sometime, he/she will be entitled to scholarship for the class to which he/she is promoted if the student is otherwise eligible for scholarship.
- Maintenance charges shall be payable from 1st April or from the month of admission , whichever is later, to the month in which the examination are completed at the end of the academic year.(including maintenance during holidays) provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be made from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of scholarships awarded in the previous years, maintenance charges will be paid from the month following the month up to which scholarship was paid in the previous year, if the course of study is continuous.
- All scholars are expected to purchase the necessary text books, stationary etc., out of the maintenance allowance sanctioned. If it is reported by the Head of the concerned Institution that a scholar is without text-books stationary etc., the value of the scholarship may be reduced at the discretion of the authority sanctioning the scholarship.
- The scholarship money will be paid to the selected students by the government of the State/Union Territory's Administration to which they belong in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard.
- Scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship/ housemanship in the M.B.B.S. course or for a practical training in other course if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in other course.