Results-Framework Document for 2009-10
Directly or Through Autonomous Central Organizations
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship - provides for scholarships on the UGC pattern to the Scheduled Castes Students for pursuing M Phil & PhD studies. The Scheme is being implemented by UGC.
- Dr. Ambedkar Foundation - provides one-time cash awards to meritorious students of Scheduled Castes at class X level.
- National Overseas Scholarships for SC students (assistance to meritorious students for pursuing higher studies abroad in specified fields of Engineering, Technology and Science)
- National Award for outstanding fieldwork in eradicating untouchability and combating offences of atrocities against Scheduled Castes.
- Assistance to Voluntary Organizations working for the development of SCs
Development of Other Backward Classes
Through State Governments
- Pre-matric scholarships for OBCs
- Post-matric scholarships for OBCs
- Hostels for OBC boys and girls
- Assistance to Voluntary Organizations for welfare of OBCs
Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Through Autonomous Central Institutions or other Institutions
- Implementation of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995
- Provision of Rehabilitation Services and Development of Rehabilitation Professions for PWDs through:
- Institute of Physically Handicapped (IPH), New Delhi
- National Institute of Visually Handicapped (NIVH), Dehradun