Right to Information
1. Act / Rules
- Right to Information Act, 2005 (-1 ) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- RTI Portal Gateway (External website that opens in a new window)
2. CPIOs, PIOs and Appellate Authority of the Ministry for RTI
- Central Public Information Officers Designated by the Ministry(New)
- Appellate Authority designated by the Ministry
3. Seventeen Manuals Under RTI (Information Hand Book)
- Information Handbook Under Section 4(1)(b) of the RTI Act, 2005 (Hindi Version of Information Handbook (-1 ) (PDF file that opens in a new window) )
4. Annual Returns / Progress Reports
|Year||2005||2006 (-1 ) (PDF file that opens in a new window)||2007|
|Year||2005 (-1 ) (PDF file that opens in a new window)||2006||2007|
5. Braille Print of RTI Act (Press Note)
The Constitution of India ensures equality, freedom, justice and dignity of all individuals and implicitly mandates an inclusive society for all including persons with disabilities. In the recent years, there have been vast and positive changes in the perception of the society towards persons with disabilities. It has been realized that a majority of persons with disabilities can lead a better quality of life if they have equal opportunities and effective access to rehabilitation measures.
Recently Government of India has enacted Right to Information Act for the general people of India. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has got translated the Right to Information Act in Braille for the benefit of persons with visual impairment. The copies may be obtained from-
National Institute for the Visually Handicapped,
116-Rajpur Road, Dehradun.
Telephone No: 0135-2744491, 2735341.
Fax No: 0135-2748147.