Central Sector Scheme of Free Coaching for SC and OBC Students
Selection of Candidates
With a view to give wider publicity, the coaching institute will issue advertisement in the local newspapers and invite applications from the eligible SC and OBC candidates as per provisions of the scheme. Thereafter, the selection of candidates will be made by the coaching institutes involving an officer (not below the rank of District Social Welfare Officer) to be nominated by the District Magistrate/ Deputy Commissioner concerned. The selection should be made ensuring candidates from different areas and observing the relevant provisions of the scheme.
Stipend will be payable at the rate of Rs.1500 per student per month for outstation and Rs.750 per student per month for local students.
- The eligible amount of stipend to the students will be paid by the institutions regularly on monthly basis by cheque under proper receipt.
- The coaching institutes will admit such of the students only as are selected by the Committee indicated at paragraph 9 and will be paid grants-in-aid only in respect of such students.
- The institute will send complete details about name, father’s name, date of birth, address, caste of the candidates, total family income etc. enrolled for each coaching programme within two weeks of starting the programme to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi.
- The institute shall maintain full record of progress for coaching and placement of the candidates.
- Grants-in-aid released to the institutions shall be dealt with in a separate account by the institute.
- The institutions shall utilize the grants-in-aid for specified purposes only. In the event of the grantee institution acting in contravention of this condition, the institution will be liable to refund the amount received with 18% penal interest and other action, as deemed necessary.
- The institution shall abide by the terms and conditions laid down by the Ministry under the Scheme as well as the provisions of the General Financial Rules (GFR), 2005.
- After conclusion of the coaching programme, the institution shall submit to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, within a month the Utilization Certificate and audited accounts certified by a Chartered Accountant. The audited accounts should include the following:
- Income and expenditure accounts/Balance Sheet including Receipts & Payments Account of the institution in respect of grants-in-aid received during the year; and
- A certificate to the effect that the grantee institution has not received any other grant for the same purpose from any other Ministry/Department of the Government of India, State Government/UT Administration and any other Government/Non-Government organization.
Review and monitoring
The Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment through periodic reports from the institutions will review the progress of implementation of the scheme. The overall Scheme will be reviewed after 3 years i.e. in financial year 2010 - 2011.