THE CONSTITUTION (SCHEDULED CASTES) 2[(UNION TERRITORIES)] ORDER 1951 CO. 32
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of article 341 of the Constitution of India, as amended by the Constitution (First Amendment) Act, 1951, the President is pleased to make the following Order, namely:-
1. This Order may be called the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) 2[(Union Territories)] Order, 1951.
2. Subject to the provisions of this Order, the castes, races or tribes or parts of, or groups within, castes or tribes, specified in 3[Parts I to III] of the Schedule to this Order shall, in relation to the 2[Union territories] to which those parts respectively relate, be deemed to be Scheduled Castes so far as regards members thereof resident in the localities specified in relation to them respectively in those Parts of that Schedule.
4[3. Notwithstanding anything contained in paragraph 2, no person who professes a religion different from the Hindu, 5[the Sikh or the Buddhist] religion shall be deemed to be a member of a Scheduled Caste.]
6[4- Any reference in this Order to a Union territory in Part I of the Schedule shall be construed as a reference to the territory constituted as a Union territory, as from the first day of November, 1956, any reference to a Union territory in Part II of the Schedule shall be construed as a reference to the territory constituted as a Union territory as from the first day of November, 1966 and any reference to a Union territory in Part III of the Schedule shall be construed as a reference to the territory constituted as a Union territory as from the day appointed under clause (A) of section 2 of the Goa, Daman and Diu Reorganisation Act, 1987.]
2[THE SCHEDULE Part I - Delhi
Throughout the Union territory:-
10. Chamar, Chan war Chamar, Jatava or Jatav Chamar, Mochi, Ramdasia, Ravidasi, Raidasi, Rehgarh or Raigar
11. Chohra (Sweeper)
12. Chuhra (Balmiki)
13. Dhanak or Dhanuk
17. Julaha (Weaver)
20. Kanjar or Giarah
7[29. Nat (Rana), Badi]
32. Sansi or Bhedkut
35. Singiwala or Kalbelia
1. Published with the Ministry of Law Notifh. No. S:R.0.1427A, dated the 20th September, 1951, Gazette of India. Kxtraordimw" 1951, Part II, Section 3, page 1198.
2. Subs, by the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Lists (Modification) Order, 1956
3. Subs, by Act 18 of 1987, s. 19 and the First Sch., for "Parts I to IV" (we f. 30-5-1987)
4. Subs, by Act 63 of 1956, s. 3 and Sch. II.
5. Subs, by Act 15 of 1990, s. 3, for "or the Sikh".
6. Subs, by Act 18 of 1987, s. 19 and the First Sch., for paragraph 4 (w e f. 30-5-1987)
7. Subs, by Act 61 of 2002, s. 2 and Second Sch.